The Navy football team is on the road this weekend, playing Saturday night at Western Kentucky, but Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium will not be vacant.
The Patriot Classic will feature six games spread over two days, with a doubleheader Friday to be followed by four games Saturday. The event’s organizers say it is intended to honor the military on the weekend of the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Most of the teams involved are from the metro Washington area, although there will be a couple of out-of-state schools participating.
The schedule is as follows:
- 5 p.m.: The Landon School (Bethesda, Md.) vs. Bishop McNamara (Forestville, Md.).
- 7:30 p.m.: DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, Md.) vs. Calvert Hall (Baltimore).
- 10:45 a.m.: Potomac (Oxon Hill, Md.) vs. Archbishop Spaulding (Severn, Md.).
- 1:45 p.m.: Annapolis (Md.) Area Christian vs. Red Lion Christian (Bear, Del.).
- 4:45 p.m.: St. Joseph’s Prep (Philadelphia) vs. Gonzaga (Washington, D.C.).
- 7:45 p.m.: Gilman (Baltimore) vs. Good Counsel (Olney, Md.).